Hi friends! I hope everyone is doing good. Today I am sharing a very simple, sweet and chewy few ingredient treat. This has been one of my favorite treats. It’s hard to find moist chewy coconut macaroons from the grocery stores. I think you guys will enjoy making this easy dessert. Enjoy!
- 14 oz coconut flakes
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In med. bowl mix coconut flakes, condensed milk, vanilla and almond extract. Mix well
- In separate bowl separate the egg whites from the yolks. To egg whites add salt and whip with a hand held mixer till stiff peaks form.
- Fold the whipped egg whites into the coconut mixture very gently.
- Use a cookie scoop or a tablespoon to place mixture on a nonstick or lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 min. Till tops and bottom are golden brown. Place on a cooling rack.
- In a small bowl melt the chocolate chips in the microwave in increments so the chocolate won't burn.
- Once the macaroons are cooled. Drizzle melted chocolate using fork or a zip lock back.
- You can get about 40 macaroons from this recipe